Sunday, November 16, 2008

Matt's letter

11/10/08
Dear friends and family. How is the weather in Idaho? It has gotten so very cold here in Fargo. I don't even know how people live here in January and February. The moisture goes straight to the bone with the wind. Huron was nothing compared to here and I was there all winter. I think we will survive wherever we are. This week has flown by. It started out with a zone leader council and we have been very busy since then. My companion and I work well together so we keep ourselves busy. We have been teaching mostly the same people that I have talked about in the past. The Fargo Zone has 16 people committed for baptism, now the real challenge starts. That is making it happen on the date. People get scared and back out, but I guess that is agency. As for me life is good. I love being a missionary. I wouldn't trade it for anything. If I was still at home I would be up to no good. It scares me to think where the other road would have taken me. The gospel saves lives and it is the only way to Joy. The world has a lot to offer that can make you happy, but the word Joy has more meaning than the face value that it gets. It is hard to believe that only six months is between me and walking off that plane and back to a normal person. I am excited but a little scared and nervous at the same time. I hope to hear from all of you soon. Thank you all for everything you do. Love Elder Robison

2 comments:

voleen.blogspot.com said...

How proud your parents must be having such a outstanding missionary in the field. From your letter you can tell your heart is in it.I'm sure your heavenly Father is just as proud of your work.Work hard these last six months for they will be short.
Your Mom's Aunt Verlene

johnandjana said...

Angie.
What an awesome missionary! Matt's life has definately been changed for good. He will finish strong.