Sunday, December 28, 2008

Matt's letter

Dear Friends and family, as you know my transfer call came and it was time for me to leave Fargo and go to Rapid City.  It is a little hard to leave after making a place your home.  I love Fargo and I love the people there especially my companions.  I had a lot of fun there and learned more than I ever thought I would.  We left Fargo at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday morning to Sioux Falls SD.  From there to Rapid.  We got into Rapid around 6:00 p.m. and thats with coming back into MST.  We came to the mission office and sent everyone on their way to the different destinations.  We were invited to the Mission home to have dinner with the two sisters and Elder that are going home.  We went to put on our suits and left to go to dinner.  We ate with the three that were leaving and the Ellsworths and the Cannons.  The Ellsworths are from Texas they work in the mission office.  He said at one time he had 15,000 acres that he farmed.  He is related to the Ellsworths in Lewisville.  After dinner we had a little fireside like is normal when people go home.  It was a little weird to be there with people going home.  The worst was still to come.  The next day Elder Johanson and I went with all of them to the airport to send them on their way.  It was hard to watch Elder Blackett and Sister Mustoe walk away through security.  To know that they are done.  Elder Blackett was the AP that I replaced and the last 6 months we have become very good friends.  Sister Mustoe was in my zone for the last 6 months.  It was hard to see them go.  The time comes for all of us I guess.  After that we all went back to the office and did some work there.  We were working with President getting some District Leaders for the mission.  Friday we had a leadership meeting in Gillette Wyoming.  Saturday I was driving to Dickinson ND to be on an exchange.  There was no church on Sunday because it was too cold.  The lowest was -55.  We left the van I was driving running all day, it never built up any heat.  I stayed there until Tuesday afternoon then I drove to Bismark and that is where I am now.  This has taken me about a week to write.  I hope you have a happy and Merry Christmas.  I love all of you and am thankful for all that everyone does.  The gospel is real and this church is lead by Christ in everything it does.  Love ya all.  Love Elder Robison

No comments: