1/26/09Dear friends and family, it has been a crazy few weeks. I left from Bismarck to go to Rapid City on the 14th of January. In Rapid we got to work a lot with President Cannon doing transfers. It was a lot of work organizing the transfers when you have to get people from Fargo to Casper and Gillette to Bismarck and only have 1 van and a trailer. I can say it was a fun challenge to say the least. While doing all this we had the new missionaries come in. There were 4 Elders and 2 Sisters. We had a great welcoming for them. On Monday I did the Wyoming loop. I left very early in the morning. We went to Gillette then Casper then to Buffalo and back to Rapid. It was about a 12 hour trip. This was the same day that the new missionaries got in. I was not there to see them come off the plane but we were home for dinner and meetings. Tuesday we started very early again. We left Rapid at about 5:30 a.m. President Cannon and I were the drivers of the van. We drove to Sioux Falls which is 6 hours and dropped off missionaries, loaded more up and drove to Fargo. I drove all of the time except for 2 hours in the beginning. After arriving in Fargo and exchanging all the guys I took my car which was sent to drive through Bismarck with other missionaries. I got to Sioux Falls around 11:00 p.m. The next day it was back at it on the road. This transfer I got a car to drive so that I can take one of the zone leaders and travel the zone. They have put three zone leaders together so that one can be with me when I am in the area. It has been a great blessing to us and the areas. We have been to 6 areas already in less than a week. Today I am in Huron and it has been a great stay here. I was able to go to church here and see a lot of old friends. The ward here is great and love to do missionary work. Two of the five people that were baptized here have moved away but Allison Mchugh, Alice Sentell and Danni Willet were all at church. I enjoyed seeing all of these people. It brought back a lot of memories. I am so thankful that I came on a mission and grateful for all the people in the mission field that have taken us in. We have Zone Conference coming up. I am training on the commitment pattern. I will have to train on that in all three zones and on February 2nd we will have Trizone leadership council and I will be training there also. Sorry for the lack of letters but we have been hitting the areas pretty hard lately. I will try harder. Love Elder Robison
No comments:
Post a Comment